The Organic Seed Grower
Dive into the world of organic seed cultivation with The Organic Seed Grower, praised by Suzanne Ashworth for elevating organic seed production.
This comprehensive manual by John Navazio, a leading expert in plant breeding and organic seeds, serves as an indispensable resource for serious vegetable growers, from home seed savers to small-scale farmers, aiming to produce high-quality seeds through organic practices.
Whether you’re saving seeds in your backyard or considering commercial seed farming, this guide covers everything you need to know.
From Asian greens to zucchini, get detailed profiles on a wide variety of vegetables, offering practical insights into growing, harvesting, and processing seeds.
Key topics include:
- Managing seed-borne diseases;
- Understanding the reproductive biology of crops;
- Navigating the challenges of annual and biennial seed crops;
- Establishing isolation distances for varietal purity;
- Ensuring genetic integrity through adequate population size;
- Adapting to seed crop climates;
- Mastering seed cleaning and storage.
The Organic Seed Grower not only aims to transition skilled gardeners into commercial seed producers but also equips first-time farmers with professional seed growing secrets.
Navazio’s manual stands as a crucial tool for anyone looking to delve into the profitable and rewarding realm of organic seed farming, making it an essential addition to your agricultural library.
Embrace this guide and step into the forefront of the organic seed movement.
Author: John Navazio
Publisher: Chelsea Green Publishing
Dimension: 8 x 10 inch