Moringa Tree: 25 Health Benefits
Moringa Tree: Why The Miracle Tree?
Moringa oleifera is a tree that is sometimes called “The Miracle Tree”.
It is a multipurpose plant and its leaves, pods, fruits, flowers, roots and bark are beneficial in one way or the other.
This plant belongs to the family Moringaceae.
The Miracle Plant is is native to parts of India & Africa.
In India, it is found on the West Coast and other parts of Tamil Nadu also foothills of the Himalayan Mountains.
The Moringa Tree grows easily in semi-arid, tropical and sub-tropical climate.
Moringa Plant: Secrets Of A Miraculous Plant
Let’s delve deep into the secrets of the Moringa plant and identify the benefits.
All parts of Moringa Tree including its bark, roots, leaves, flowers, seeds, sap and pods are a storehouse of nutrients and antioxidants.
Some of the most commonly used parts are Moringa leaves and seeds.
Moringa seeds and roots are used to extract oil and the flowers can be cooked and eaten.
Apart from these, its bark, sap, seeds, oil, leaves, roots and flowers are used in making traditional medicine in many countries.
Moringa Tree: Why Is It Important?
Moringa plant is an important food source in some parts of the world.
Moringa plant can be grown cheaply and easily, and the leaves retain lots of vitamins and minerals when dried.
Moringa Tree is used in India and Africa in feeding programs to fight malnutrition.
As a plant with many uses, Moringa provides many benefits to a wide array of human health challenges.
If you have a specific condition that you would like to treat with moringa, you might be wondering how long does it take for moringa to start working?
And the simple answer is that it depends on your specific case.
Whether you are taking it as part of your weight loss regime or as a blood sugar regulator, moringa can take from days to months to provide tangible results.
Moringa Tree Benefits
1. The seeds of Moringa Tree contain 40 percent edible oil.
This oil is rich in antioxidants and is similar to olive oil in terms of its nutritional profile.
It has an indefinite shelf life as it does not turn rancid like other oils.
2. Moringa Tree leaves are the most widely used parts of this plant.
Moringa Tree leaves are edible.
They contain three times more iron than spinach.
The Moringa Tree leaves helps in boosting energy levels in a natural manner, which is long lasting.
3. Moringa Tree contains all the essential amino acids needed by the body.
4. It is rich in vitamin A or beta-carotene.
5. Moringa Tree seeds are used in the manufacture of perfumes and aromatherapy oils.
6. Moringa Plant has several antibacterial properties and hence can be used as a purifier and as a natural detoxifier.
7. Moringa Tree seeds mixed in impure water can help in absorbing all the impurities.
8. The flowers of Moringa Tree are used in making herbal tea which contains flavonoids and antioxidants.
9. Moringa Tree nowadays, it is used in porridge, pastas and breads to increase the nutrient content of meals.
10. Moringa plant supplements are prepared from Moringa leaves and Pods which are natural sources of calcium and multivitamins.
Their processing method increases the availability and absorption of nutrients by the body.
11. Due to their anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, Moringa Tree supplements facilitate quick healing of minor injuries like bruises, cuts and burns.
12. Roots of Moringa Tree are used in traditional medicine to control disorders of the circulatory system, for stimulating appetite and to improve the functioning of digestive tract.
Moringa Benefits For Hairs:
13. Moringa Oleifera has a high content of vitamin A, thus promoting hair growth and maintenance.
Optimum delivery of oxygen and nutrients from the circulatory system to the hair follicle is vital for proper hair growth.
Vitamin A plays an important role in the development of healthy cells and tissues in the body and reduction of hair loss.
Deficiency of vitamin A can cause thickening of scalp, dry hair and dandruff.
14. Moringa plant also contains zinc which stimulates hair growth by enhancing the immune function.
Zinc and silica along with vitamin A prevents drying and clogging of the sebaceous glands.
Sebaceous glands are responsible for production of sebum.
Deficiency of zinc can lead to atrophy of the hair follicles due to the impairment of DNA and protein synthesis.
Zinc also influences the conformation of nucleic acids.
15. Vitamin E in Moringa Tree is a powerful antioxidant that stimulates blood circulation around the scalp.
Proper flow of blood to the scalp helps in the absorption of more nutrients available in the hair follicles.
16. Moringa plant is a storehouse of all the nutrients required for healthy hair.
Hair loss occurs due to the deficiency of vitamin B- especially B6, biotin, inositol and folic acid.
Proper blood circulation to the scalp enables hair follicles to grow stronger and healthier.
Vitamin C together with vitamin E helps in the improvement of blood circulation in the scalp.
It is vital to maintain capillaries that carry blood onto the follicles.
17. Moringa Tree contains abundant quantities of minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, selenium, copper and manganese which are essential for healthy hair.
18. Moringa plant oil is a natural supplement for improving the health and strength of hair and scalp.
Regular massage with this oil helps in reducing split ends and dandruff.
It supplies rejuvenating vitamins and minerals to the hair follicles and tissues of the scalp.
Moringa Tree Benefits For Skin:
Moringa plant is loaded with nutrients like calcium, vitamin A, B, C, D, E; minerals like copper, iron, zinc, magnesium, silica and manganese.
Moringa Tree has moisturizing and nourishing properties and an excellent cleansing ability which makes it an active ingredient in skin care products.
19. Moringa Tree has been found to possess anti-ageing properties.
The effect of free radicals on human skin causes the appearance of wrinkles and makes the skin aged and less resistant to lines.
Moringa plant has excellent cleansing ability which aids in cleaning the skin cells of free radicals and restoring the vitality and youthful complexion of the skin.
20. Moringa plant leaves contain about 30 antioxidants that contribute greatly towards healthy skin.
Moringa Tree oil is highly absorbable and hence helps in delivering these powerful antioxidants to the skin cells.
21. Moringa plant leaves also contain sulphur.
This mineral is present in every single cell of the body and is the key ingredient for Collagen and keratin.
Collagen is an elastic substance that gives flexibility and softness to the skin and keratin is a rigid substance which gives the skin rigidity and strength.
These two substances form the majority of skin tissue and are made up of proteins constructed from sulphur.
22. The seed extract of Moringa plant herb is popular in the cosmetic industry due to its therapeutic skincare benefits and skin purifying properties.
It possesses the ability to filter out impurities that are deeply rooted within the skin and has an amazing detoxifying and rejuvenating properties.
It enhances the fairness of skin by balancing the natural skin color and tone.
A paste made from Moringa Tree leaves beautifies the skin and can be used as a face mask.
23. The ben oil which is extracted from Moringa plant seeds is used to soften and soothe baby’s’ skin.
24. Moringa Tree seed extract is used in protective creams and has the ability to provide protection against cigarette smoke and heavy metal pollution.
25. It is a powerful cleaning agent and Moringa plant seed powder is used as an active ingredient in deep cleansing creams and lotions.
It protects the skin from adhering pollution and smog.
Looking at the benefits of Moringa Tree , it is imperative to include it in our diets and daily regime.
With its antioxidant, purifying and detox properties it is the skin’s best friend.
Moringa Tree is an easy and delicious way to reap the benefits.